Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jen Robinson's Book Page: Competency 2

Using Google Blog I found Jen Robinson's Book Page. Part of what I like about the blog is that Robinson includes links to many other literacy resources in addition to her own postings. The following is an excerpt from an article she originally wrote for PBS Parents Expert Q&A (http://www.pbs.org/parents/experts/).

Jen Robinson's Book Page: Promoting the love of books by children and the continued reading of children's books by adults.
http://jkrbooks.typepad.com/blog/2008/01/childrens-liter.html
"This week I had questions from two (apparently unrelated) parents each looking to help boys who are not just reluctant to read, but are having difficulty with it.... I shared a few of own thoughts on this matter... but I wasn’t satisfied that I had given these parents enough help. So, I turned for assistance to my friends from the Kidlitosphere Yahoo Group (a discussion group for those who read, write, and blog about children’s and young adult literature).... Within 24 hours, I had heard back from about fifteen people, including teachers, parents and authors, with useful, concrete, and creative solutions for helping children learn to enjoy reading."

1 comment:

BeringStrait said...

Hello. I am researching children's literacy for LS 5013 and found your blog while searching Google: children literacy graph. You blog is very good. I'll move on and try to find another graph. Good luck to you in your pursuit of your degree.